Back on the bottle

rudy

Picked up the Pineapple ray from Golds yesterday. AKA Castexi Motello. She is tiny compared to my big girl who just died, but cool ray regardless. I can't wait for her to color up.

Castexi are the coolest ray due to activity. They are the most active rays I have owned even throwing the Leo into that mix. My big female was a pig at hand feeding.

Edited by rudy

I'm glad you're back. Keep in mind, I am sure most of us have had a major setback or loss of some kind and many have been tempted to throw in the towel. Always give it a week before you make a final decision regarding leaving this hobby or any hobby. I find the joys of watching my little fry swim around out-weigh any loss I've had....plus those become forgotten over time.

I hope your new ray flourishes and you don't experience any more problems. You've had your share.

Good luck.

I'm glad you're back. Keep in mind, I am sure most of us have had a major setback or loss of some kind and many have been tempted to throw in the towel. Always give it a week before you make a final decision regarding leaving this hobby or any hobby. I find the joys of watching my little fry swim around out-weigh any loss I've had....plus those become forgotten over time.

I hope your new ray flourishes and you don't experience any more problems. You've had your share.

Good luck.

Thanks but seriously I was never going to quit. I am just as sarcastic as they get. I am pissed no question but I just ordered two more tanks.. Not the time to quit

Good luck.

have you ever lost a leopoldi? ;)

Hopefully they're all captive bred and no wild specimens are taken any further.

-Hideo

They are being captive-bred, but at 2-3 pups per year per pair, if you are lucky, its a pretty slow process.

As far as WC goes, it would be good if all the remaining wild population was caught...the dam going up on the Xingu is most likely going to completely destroy the only known wild habitat of this species, and that will lead to their extinction (along with that of Hypancistris zebra), not over harvesting.