Species / Betta Section

I am curious to see what ppl think about a spieces topic section. It could be setup as a family name folder. In this folder specific question about a speices that fits into these family catagories can be asked and answered by the appropriate moderator/s or members.

i.e.

Were can you buy good stock of this speices?

How do you keep them, and what is your experience in breeding and raising there fry?

Or is this even necassary by species seeing that we can place this information into the breeding forum.

Cheers,

Garhan :ml:

I'd have to disagree... This board is more of a 'local exchange', if you look at the distribution of posts alone - there are almost more posts in the for sale section than on the rest of the board combined...

There are a million different good species board out there - why does AA need to add those forums?

Andy

i think the way we have it set up now is fine. With a sickness, breeding, equipment... other general folders that can cover all fish, i think it fits us. Why should we change?

ahhh yes where would we start with species sections??? Geophagus and then gymnogeophagus, then maybe acara then lets see, biotodoma, oh and then a microgeophagus section I suppose last but not least an apistogramma section. Nope better leave things as is after all. I think due to posts via trades etc people of same fish species keepers can meet and exchange ideas. few people actually use the breeders section to post actual accounts of spawning their species, this as we know leads to other interest in our favorite species. I'm not going to say which species of fish I adore the most but I will say that one only needs to own a pair to be hooked.

You all have great idea's and really they all should be put to good use. If you don't grow you become just a group of stagnate people going know where. There is really alot a good a forum can do. Specially with kids, I don't know about Alberta but BC have aquarium clubs in most highschools, it helps to give kids something of interest other than drugs and sex!. It doen't really take alot of work to set up a species profile, or have articles posted. I have lots to start you out with I write pet related topics for a on-line publication. These articles are easy to write and yes informative. You do not have to be a proffesional to do one.See most sites sit back and say we need this or that but never act on it,their site which once was semi good is know gone backwards, you never really recover from that .I even know of some forums that are actually making money . Theres nothing wrong in creating species folders dont go over board and start one for every species but use something like African, Central American, livebearers and such. You may not use them right away but it shows people that you are trying to create something good. People like to see people trying to better their pet projects, and will return more often if they see it being done. You think these larger forums just started out as being large. They worked long and hard, but I will tell you this when it happens it will take off and fast.