i need a pleco

maniac

hey

okay here's the scoop i finally have algae coming in and need to get a pleco but i don't know what kind i need. I have a 20g tank with a 2.5 inch Jack Dempsey in there which i need to eventually get rid of and I'm hoping to put rams and tetras in there in his place. What kind of pleco won't get beat up to bad by the Jack Dempsey and yet live in a community setting while not out growing the tank?

Thanks

maniac

I'd get rid of the JD before you started adding anymore fish. Or, at the very least, get a full-grown male BN Pleco.

I'd get rid of the JD before you started adding anymore fish. Or, at the very least, get a full-grown male BN Pleco.

so are you saying that to get rid of him before i add the pleco because i was going to get rid of him before any other fish are added.

I would get rid of the JD before you got the pleco... just in case. Although, I have seen adult male BNs hold their ground against African Cichlids - that's why I suggested a male if you keep the JD a bit longer.

Edited by jvision

Your best bet is to shop around... unless someone here on AA knows where they can be had in Cgy.

sorry to ask so many questions, how bushy is bushy? i just found a picture of them,....well i think its a male, so the female will just have a smooth face with nothing on it or are her bristles just less noticeable?

Edited by maniac

IME, females may have small bristles around the edge of their noses. Only males have the bristles running up the middle of their faces.