Competition

Ryan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, if I were to venture a guess, I would have to say that the reason that Smokey is not running to his computer to share his discus pics with you is *not* because he is "pulling our strings"...it is because of the way you are demanding it of him.

As a lurker on this board, it takes something pretty noteworthy for me to come out of hiding and make a post. However, I'm really quite sick of the confrontational attitude that you seem to put forth with issues like this. We are all here to learn from each other and share our knowledge with others, not pander to people who demand things from us because they are sure that they are right.

Ryan, the problem is that you seem to be lacking in a very basic aspect of being involved in an online community such as this one. For any community to function and be a benefit to its' members, there must be a certain level of respect present by those who participate. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition, but there is a key element missing here - it seems to be that you are not trying to learn anything; you are just blindly trying to prove others wrong.

If this is how you chose to function, than I - am I'm sure many others on this board - will continue to disregard your posts, and I'm sure the only ones who will suffer are you and your fish.

That's it and that's all...

Ryan , so what , if that is what you believe then so be it , believe what you want. By the same token it is not advisable to directly or indirectly accuse someone of being less than truthfull about any situation. Especially on a forum board, such as this.

To me it is less important what Smokey's stock list is than it is to take and appreciate the knowledge he gives.

If you can use any of the information that Smokey give's freely on the board, then use it if you can't then don't. And do not flame him for something that you think may be happening.

Ryan, I do not know you other than what I see in your post's and I do believe you to take your fishkeeping hobby seriouslly, but I really do think that you should grow up a little and just accept situations for what they are and leave it alone.

The only reason I can see for you making such an accusing post is to start a confrontation with someone or anyone for reasons only you know.

So come on Ryan, play nice.

Tom.

Edited by tc51

Rahim will send ya a PM.

To all others I DID NOT post my pics to start a war or whatever. I know what I have in my tanks and am not ashamed of posting the pics. I believe all Ryan was doing was trying to see what is what. The peat thing the clean water thing. I've been around a few boards and have had discus for quite awhile now. Do what you want with your fish makes no nevermind to me. But c'mon, peeps wanted to see the differences and I was the only one to step up to the plate. Funny how my two biggest monsters were as black as night when I brought them home,just goes to show what hard work and dedication will do. My fishroom is open to all,come and have a look and a coffee or beer and we'll have a great fish chat!!!! Thanks.

And if anyone wants a "chat" please PM for my phone number and I'll gladly give it to you!!

I think im with pelle here. I mean you guys are big talkers and none of you have posted pics of your discus. I think smokey is a big talker and everything with his eventually leads into a lecture. He thinks he is hot stuff with his "bio tower" wich is nothing more than a wet dry filter. Did u also know that he is a breeder of wild altums well now theres a feat. If he an lecture us about the greatness of peat water why is so afraid of showing pictures. My tank (although is only 1) is open to anyone and you dont need to wear some rubber mask or suit becasue my fish dont get sick when others come to see them. Now smokey doesnt that excuse sound familiar. " you cant come over because my fish will get sick" fish dont get sick from human germs both u and i know that. Buck up show some pics.

I may have missed them, but I just looked through all the member aquarium pictures. I see discus from AndyL, Freshmike, Garhan, and myself. Funny...the one talking trash is the one without pics of discus.

And for the record, I don't use peat, and still think your approach is far from appealing.

Michaell do more looking i have my pic in the Sa cichlids forum why dont you look harder before you open your mouth. Maybe u should look up some old posts on simply the guy was basicaly laughed right off the board and he post other peoples pics. The guys a joke

This thread is looking so familiar to the ones Ryan, (aka DOO-E) would provoke the members of canreef ( http://www.canreef.com/ ) into before he was practically shunned.

How long have you had discus DOO-E? Last I saw you had a few dwarf rams for sale which were originally intended to make you a fortune through breeding.

I seldom speak ill of anyone, let alone someone I have never met. But I must say Ryan is the most indecisive and abrasive fish keeper I have ever known.

Michaell do more looking i have my pic in the Sa cichlids forum why dont you look harder before you open your mouth. Maybe u should look up some old posts on simply the guy was basicaly laughed right off the board and he post other peoples pics. The guys a joke

Thats a great place for them. never thought to post them in PHOTOGRAPHS eh? You know what? You have alienated yourself on this board, and this thread is over for me. As a matter of fact, all threads you start are over for me. Your gums could be on fire and I wouldn't piss on them to put them out.

Edited by Michael Roth

aww michael whats the matter didnt think of looking in the SA cichlids forum. I hope you wouldnt piss my gums out that would be kinda gross. Hell i dont even wat ur genitalia that close to my mouth. Michael i dont swing that way im am sorry.

I dont have the rams anymore because my female died. I think she got egg bound. I was producing eggs not many at a time. So it wasnt even worth it to me to try and raise 20 fry. U guys started this fight lets just remember that. I was razing smokey to see his fish. Seeing he has to post other peoples fish i was trying to get him to post pics of his.

Ryan, I think it boils down to one of two things:

(1) comfort level AND

(2) having a digital camera to take pics and then post them.

Smokey may not either have the means to post pics of his on nor have a comfort level. Either way there are no pics. This conversation should end NOW and the mod/admin of this forum should remove the any posts that aren't in the theme of the original post OR the posters of such posts become adults and remove any non-theme post on thier own. This forum and board are ment to create a community where people and ask for or offer help to others, not a venue for petty b*tching and complaining. The mods are here to moderate not babysit. Please keep that in mind for the future. AND please be adults in this matter.

Edited by rahim101