Toirtis

From Riverfront (working on my fish photo taking skills with the new stuff):

Channa gachua:

Channa gahua albino:

Albino royal knife (probably the most 'metal sheeny' fish I have ever seen):

'Red emperor' discus (no way my photo comes even close to doing these justice):

Big dovii pair traded-in:

Big (16") Florida gar traded-in:

Wayne's newest personal acquisition (going in his 90 at home with the altum angels)...4 of them (and a good deal, too):

Hey Christian, I think you need to post a pick of the other Channa you got in.

OK, I hesitated even taking one, since I find them common and boring...

Channa micropeltis:

Now a question...how in hell does everyone get crisp photos of fish that just won't stay still?

Or I'll tell you for free.

What kind of camera do you have? SLR or point and shoot? Easier with an SLR and an external flash, but point and shoot is possible as well.

Maybe I'll swing by Riverfront sometime when you're there and give you a crash course.

-Hideo

Definietly film speed. Remember, the faster your speed, the more light you need, so playing around for hours is the norm, but you can save time and money buy narrowing the parameters. With a little research on the sites Melody hilighted, you find this out. It is nice to see Riverfront has not lost it's touch in the quality and selection that I was used to 15 years ago!

Or I'll tell you for free.

What kind of camera do you have? SLR or point and shoot? Easier with an SLR and an external flash, but point and shoot is possible as well.

Maybe I'll swing by Riverfront sometime when you're there and give you a crash course.

-Hideo

Point and shoot....as much as a DSLR would be nice, I shy from spending $1000+ on a camera and a lens or two unless I am getting more seriously into it...perhaps in a year or so, but not now.

Film speed is way the wrong answer. The faster the film, the more noise present, and the more "grany" your images will look.

The key is slow film speed and proper use of flash.

Point and shoot is okay, what camera is it?

-Hideo

The concern was catching moving fish without them blurring = speed. Speed ties into light which gives you grain, and the overall result is heavily influenced by pixels/inch. So its not way the wrong answer, its just way variable....lol. There's a lot of factors there, but for movement, the first place to look is film speed, in my experience, then work with what you have. I find the best overall speed for me is 200 when taking tank pics, with all of my situational concerns considered, someone else's may be different entirely. :D