anyone keeping some oddball perch?

skinless

is anyone currently keeping a chinese perch or had prior experience with one?

not sure if i've ever seen any around. must be uncommon huh? expensive too?

how about growth. i know they get massive but how quick? lotsa questions, but yeah haven't noticed one in a salestank so i'm warming up to getting one.

also, the spotted climbing perch. are these available locally? i know the climbing is a myth but a 30g will supposedly do for a tank. hmmm

edit: chinese perch = siniperca chuatsi

Edited by skinless

also, the spotted climbing perch. are these available locally?

Ctenopoma acutirostre? They show up from time to time (often at Big Al's)...Riverfront in Calgary has some in currently.

I have 8 myself, as well as some other Ctenopoma, Microctenopoma, and Anabas species.

also, the spotted climbing perch. are these available locally?

I have 8 myself, as well as some other Ctenopoma, Microctenopoma, and Anabas species.

suitable for other tankmates? or better suited for a species tank? info sites mention aggression..

how would they do with discus or kribs?

suitable for other tankmates? or better suited for a species tank? info sites mention aggression..

how would they do with discus or kribs?

The Ctenopoma are pretty good with anything they cannot swallow (I have mine with bichirs, african knifefish, and some cats), the Microctenopoma are small, so need to be with small, non-agressive fish that they cannot swallow, and the Anabas are not to be trusted with much of anything that isn't at least 20% larger than themselves and reasonably tough.