Moved and stocked.

freshmike

Very nice! What type of rock is that? looks like basalt, I've been using river rock and flag stone but like the look you have.

Glad to hear you are settled in, you moved to Sk right.

:beer:

Bernie

What type of camera are you using, I've been trying to take some decent pics of my tanks to post but can't seem to get them right.

I am not sure on the name of the rock....I like to call it "Bragg Creek" rock. :lol:

Yes. I am in Saskatoon......the best laugh I have had so far was going into a local fish store, seeing "one" tank marked African Cichlids, all being females and some SA's....talking to the guy, telling him that I am a breeder of africans and having him tell me that people here in Saskatchewan don't keep cichlids, they don't even want them...I told him to just wait. :lol:

As for the camera, it is a Kodak DX-6490.....possibly obsolete already, but as far as I am concerned, with the massive lens it comes with, it could kick most of the higher end point and shoots on the market, even still. I LOVE my camera...it's like a part of my hand now. :wub::wub::wub:

• 1 month later...
Finally....fish are back in their home and very happy about it. :beer: So am I. :)

Chris in this picture what type of rock is that, and how much in wieght do you have in that tank, and where did you get it and how much did it cost you?

I am looking to stock my new 108gal that's coming in 2 weeks :smokey:

Thanks Jenn

Here's a good pic of some gray limestone that appears to be fresh from a quarry.

http://www.bagforce.co.uk/products/pages/R...mestone_JPG.htm

Some of the landscapers only carry smaller pieces (crushed) but if you travel into the west country there's tons of it to be had for free. It tends to vary in shades of grey, and mine is so covered in algae you'd never know it was once grey. ^_^

I'm not sure what Chris uses for lighting, but if you want a clean white light try the Hagen Life-Glo tubes. I think I've tried them all, and the Life-Glo is by far the cleanest white natural light I've found. They aren't cheap, but they do give off a nice clean light. (no yellow)

Thanks RD :) I love the look of that rock just wish I was heading for the mountains my dad lives in Cranbrook and so the rocky mountains are on the way, lots of loose rock on the sides of the road I bet that is the same kind of rock that is in that pic. Dame wish I wouldn've tought to get that stuff before I was just down that way not to long ago when the ground was clear, am sure I could find some as there is lots in a particular spot on the way there. Just a matter of the snow melting and when I can go there.

what brand of light bulbs do you use. I love the look they give. I find that my lighting on my african tank is too yellow and will hopefully be getting new bulbs soon. I would like to get bulbs that give off a look similar to yours.

I just have plain-jane aquarium lights on the 180....and a coralife s/w light on the 45.....nothing too fancy. Might be the white gravel?