HEEHEE

rudy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is out they are Henlei. A few have said Black diamond leos, but regardless.

Tortois they are Sundays pair which begs the question why did he sell them to me as Leos? I questioned him twice and he swore up and down they were Leos and where he got them I had no question.

I mean quite honestly it really does not matter as what they are I am am happy with them and Henlei are just as rare (probably more rare than leos) I just wonder why he would?

Tortois they are Sundays pair which begs the question why did he sell them to me as Leos? I questioned him twice and he swore up and down they were Leos and where he got them I had no question.

I mean quite honestly it really does not matter as what they are I am am happy with them and Henlei are just as rare (probably more rare than leos) I just wonder why he would?

I am surprised...I had not seen (except in poor photos) the pair that Sunday had, but a few people that had seen them personally were apparently convinced that they were leos, too.....the difference can be very subtle to those unfamiuliar with the two species, and it is possible that Sunday could not tell the difference, having no leos to compare them to. At any rate, a great catch, since henlei are impossible to get these days, too...possibly even more difficult to obtain than leos, oddly.

I definitely want a call when you get pups.

Not at all upset about the pair as Henlei will usually sell for more than Leos when available. I am pissed that I was sold something that the seller knew was not what he said. I have talked to both places he got the rays from and both say that he was sold Henlei. Why he would say they are Leos even when I questioned it does not sit well with me.

Regardless the pair is incredible and I am very happy with them I just don't like the way that went down.

You know what. I am going to chalk this up to a mistake. I have heard from the seller and I believe that he did not know. It was lost in translation and we will leave it at that. Regardless I am happy to have them

Sure.

Henlei have usually more yellowish brown spots where leos have pure white. There is also a ring around the henlei spots. Henlei usually have more spots than leos and spots around the edge of the disc that will usually carry on to the bottom of the disc. Leos will usually have spots only on the top of the disc an not around the edges.

Leos are also more black than henleis.

All of this however you have to say "usually" as they come from the same arean and a lot of times are questioned whether they hybridize in the wild, or are the same species that just comes from different places.

The species are both extremely beatiful.

excelent score tim, I have been looking for some nice rays for ever, they are alway so expensive