Pictures this Summer

ace99

Molino,

The big dipper night shot was shot at ISO 100, 20s and at F1.8. The picture was taken at Emerald Lake lodge from the balcony. The trees in the forground were lit from the front from the lamps/lights outside the cabin.

Thanks for the info Ace! You did a great job capturing those stars.

Molino,

The big dipper night shot was shot at ISO 100, 20s and at F1.8. The picture was taken at Emerald Lake lodge from the balcony. The trees in the forground were lit from the front from the lamps/lights outside the cabin.

What did you use to pan your camera with?

Did you use a telephoto lense on your yellowheaded blackbird? If so, what kind?

Ichthyosporidium,

A tripod was used for the shots involving longer exposures. Manfrotto 055PROB with a 322RC2 head.

The yellowheaded blackbird shot was taken with a nikkor 300mm f4 lens on a Nikon D200 body.

This is my first SLR camera which I've had for a few months. I really like the flexibility of an SLR camera but its very heavy to lug around for hiking/fishing trips.

THe fall colors of the leaves are looking really good right now in and around Calgary. Taking Autumn pictures is my next project.

Thank-you for everyone's comments. These are some of my first attempts at outdoor/landscape photos with an SLR camera. For those who's into landscape photography, I've recently discovered that using a polarizing filter and/or graduated neutral density filters can do wonders to the outcome of the photos.

Edited by ace99