Am I way off?

Go4Long

ok, trying to figure out what it is I have in my tank now that I'm trying to get away from impulse buying...I have these two purple/blue juvi's and I am wondering if they are of the same type or not(my guess is Pseudotropheus socolofi but it's just a guess)...so without further ado...here's the best shots the buggers would let me get of them...

fish1.jpg

fish3.jpg

fish2.jpg

they seem to get along really well, any time you look at my tank they are cruisin around together(and not trying to kill each other)

Edited by Go4Long

no, sorry, that's the camera being a piece of **** for you...the color of the second fish is much more accurate, and the first fish is noticably lighter purple. and no black stripe, but in the description it mentions that some families don't have the stripe...also worth mentioning that the darker one has some very faint greyish vertical bars that didn't show up :S

i would say that they are ps. socolofii. i have kept them before.....but this is just a guess with the pix that u have given me.....but i think your right. head and fin shape seem to correspond. i had 6 blue socolofii and 6 albino's in a 120 gal. they were fine as juvies but as soon as they hit breeding age all hell broke loose...........beautiful fish enjoy.............

i would say that they are ps. socolofii. i have kept them before.....but this is just a guess with the pix that u have given me.....but i think your right. head and fin shape seem to correspond. i had 6 blue socolofii and 6 albino's in a 120 gal. they were fine as juvies but as soon as they hit breeding age all hell broke loose...........beautiful fish enjoy.............

excellent, thanks. I was thinking it's probably a male and female(male being the darker one with the stripes), they're really funny to watch...in the old tank the male was OBSESSED with rearranging the gravel from under one of the decorations, it got to the point there was a small mountain outside the entrance to it and you could see the bottom of the aquarium under the decoration...now the two of them are just keepin busy avoiding the electric yellow that has decided to be the agressor in the new tank :S

There is no black stripe because they are not Socolofi. That's because they are Metriaclima Callainos. Also know as the Cobalt Zebra. I have four of them. And yes, they sure like landscaping.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/Leo...Fish/11004c.jpg This is mine.

http://www.cichlidforum.com/profiles/species.php?id=787 This is the profile on Cichlid Forum.