light timers and automatic feeders

maniac

I need to go away for the thanksgiving weekend which means leaving behind my fish tank :cry: . I'm just wondering if automatic feeders are worth the money or if those dissolving feeding blocks will do the trick? and which brands of automatic feeders are the best? Also, where can i get an automatic timer for my lights so that they will turn on and off for me while i'm gone?

Thanks

Chad

Edited by maniac

If your fish are healthy, they won't be hurting from a 3 day fast. You can snag timers pretty cheap from Home Depot.

Agreed, but if you still want to know, the Rena heated auto-feeders are the best...just not cheap (about $100).

Holy crap, eventually, i'm sure i'm going to need one but I think i'll not get one right now. Where can you get one of those?

Stay away from the dissolving blocks, I tried them once and they poluted my tank.

totally agree with this comment. i never reccomended them at my old work just because of the fact that you will be doing some serious water changes for the next few weeks.

but i used to leave every second weekend, just feed them twice the day before you leave and you will be fine