the auction was a blast

edmguy

The auction was great...got to hang out with all the cool people, and even picked up a couple of things (some vintage heaters and pumps for my collection as well as some great bettas and some OB peacocks). I wish I could have stayed longer (for drinks and all), but as it was, with the snow and fog, we did not get back to Calgary until after 10pm (which is tiring when you got up at 4am).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I totally didn't get to meet you. Kind of hard to say hi when you dont' know what the person looks like :lol: Oh well, maybe next time.

See how good I am at subterfuge and harassment?? You have much to learn, glasshoppa...

Seriously, though, next time I promise to give you the top-secret hair signal so that we can implement plan ABBA and release the secret weapon. Be afraid, people...be very afraid...

When is next time, anyway?

PS -- I really am sorry that I couldn't stay long enough to meet and chat and give Jason a wedgie with that pink lace thong he was wearing (who wants pictures?). Next time I promise I will clear my schedule and ditch the girl's day out!

PPS -- Oops, I did it again! (damn now I got that song stuck in my head!)

See how good I am at subterfuge and harassment?? You have much to learn, glasshoppa...

Seriously, though, next time I promise to give you the top-secret hair signal so that we can implement plan ABBA and release the secret weapon. Be afraid, people...be very afraid...

When is next time, anyway?

PS -- I really am sorry that I couldn't stay long enough to meet and chat and give Jason a wedgie with that pink lace thong he was wearing (who wants pictures?). Next time I promise I will clear my schedule and ditch the girl's day out!

PPS -- Oops, I did it again! (damn now I got that song stuck in my head!)

Next time should be around winter/spring(usually around feb.)

I"m totally there if there will be ABBA. I"m a dancing queen from way back. Hopefully next time I'll have some backup for when I heckle Jason from the back of the room (Bidding against me on those damn julies! :poo: )

I heckle Jason from the back of the room (Bidding against me on those damn julies! )

You were already selling some!! I couldn't believe it! I ended up paying at least $4 more than I needed to... :grr:

here's the red empress I picked up...he's still a little stressed from the trip obviously, and to make matters worse I did a water change and rearranged the slate today(sorry big guy), I'm assuming he'll color up nice though as I can't picture him not being the dominant male in the tank given that he's nearly triple the size of every other fish...

newfish2.jpg

also here's the Melanochromis I picked up :D

newfish5.jpg

newfish7.jpg

Edited by Go4Long

I heckle Jason from the back of the room (Bidding against me on those damn julies! )

You were already selling some!! I couldn't believe it! I ended up paying at least $4 more than I needed to... :grr:

Wah, wah, wah, such a whiner :smokey: I didn't know it was you bidding on it untill the end when you turned around to look. PLus we should be blaming Christian. I stopped bidding and he pressured me into keep going. Dont' worry I"ll make it up to you. At the next auction i'll buy you beverage.

Made for good entertainment for the rest of us though :D

Christian, I was going to introduce myself before we left for drinks, but thought you were going to make a quick stop in at the pub. Too bad you couldn't make it, but I can understand why you couldn't stick around. Oh well, I'll see you next time. -Nelson

Christian, I was going to introduce myself before we left for drinks, but thought you were going to make a quick stop in at the pub. Too bad you couldn't make it, but I can understand why you couldn't stick around. Oh well, I'll see you next time. -Nelson

Next time...definitely.

We were lucky coming home...passed this (it was on the NB side) headed SB on Hwy 2 about 3-5 minutes after it happened (and, apparently, just before the SB lane was closed):

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/portals-cod...65748&more=

Made for good entertainment for the rest of us though :D

AS did the time Jodaye was bidding on some rainbowfish and when I realized what they were I decided to bid on them too(plus I had already bought some and wanted to make a nice group). When both our hands shot up at the same time she smacked me. The auctioneer had to tell her hitting wasn't allowed -roll- In the end I won the bag Mmwwhahaha :boxer: :ph43r: