Hey! From far away...

Tony_S

Just thought I'd finally say hello!

I'm a born and raised Calgarian, but now reside in Louisiana. (But I'll always be a Calgarian! :ml: )

Ive been an Aquafreak for some 25 odd years....so Ive got a bit of experience under my belt! Hopefully, I can offer some help where ever I can. My 'Expertise'...Is mainly in Discus, but ranges far and wide into other species as well.

I'm Currently a "Discus University" Moderator at SimplyDiscus.com. We were just recently hacked, and are in the process of switching servers....So I'm killin' time, and happy to do it here!!

All you oddball freaks would be in HEAVEN here in Louisiana....there's some WIERD A$$ stuff swimmin' around here!!

Anyways....H'lo

Tony ;)

Welcome to the board....damn, Lou'sana....I needs me some good Zydeco whilt suckin' heads...damn you have good music and food down there.

Thanks for the welcome all!

Skynard is godly down here....as for suckin' head....ain't nuthin like a mouthful of crawfish guts to put a smile on your face! :D

Tony

BTW...Say hey to Wayne for me(Tony the Discus guy)! I miss BS'n with him in front of the Discus tanks!

:welcome: Welcome to the site Tony. Just so you don't miss Calgary too much it was cold, damp, and foggy today.

Thanks for the effort Vapor...but when it's 40+ degree's here, with 90% humidity...Cold, damp and foggy sounds like heaven!! LMAO! :D

hey tony, welcome to AA

la huh?

you ever go noodling catfish?

ever come across any asian carp out in the wild?

been to ga,fl.....wish i coulda hit la.

Hey Skin..

Nope...no noodling. I'm hesitant to even get INTO the water here...let alone ENCOURAGE something to bite me on the hand!! LOL!! Caught lots of Cats on rod and reel, and nets though!! Biggest to this date is just under 30 lbs.

As for the Asian Carp...no to that as well. I haven't even seen one yet, although I know they're here! Lots of Grass Carp though. Not fished for intentionally, but caught a few in the 15-20 lb range.

Louisiana is an amazing place for a 'Wethead' though! Just a SHORT list of the different types of fish my wife and I have kept in either the 4000 gallon pond we built, and or the 18 different tanks we have in the house..

In no specific order. (in brackets are the # of different types)

Bowfin

Gar (3)

Grass Carp

Flagfish (2)

Cat Fish (5)

Perch (3)

Sunfish (4)

LM Bass

Crappie (2)

Darters (2)

Wild Sailfin Mollies

Eels (2)

Killifish (2)

Mosquitofish

Freshwater Gobies (2)

These are just off the top of my head...I'm forgetting a lot!

Herper's Heaven here as well...Snakes, Turtles, Tortoises, Lizards, Alligators....EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks again everyone!

Tony