BIG NEWS!!!!

albert_dao

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditch the Lyonsi Albert. They won't sell. Canucklhead and I have been trying to hawk ours since we got them with no success. Rapps has a photo that makes them look like a god.

Neets are a good bet, any kind of theraps are going to do well I would say so irregularis are good bet.

Tetracanthus are awesome, however watch Pisces get them from some guy with a crappy pair and there goes that idea. ( I know dennis loves them though)

How about escondidos and some of the other Herichthys?

Also I really want a son of big head. Barred midas.

No freddies. Last time we brought in motas, they sat around for half a year. The guapote market here isn't exactly hot so it's moreso just rarer stuff that no one has had around in a million years.

Keep in mind that I want Dennis to order from Rapps just as much as you guys do and getting a good first order is part of that. If we bring in all these New Worlds and they just lay around, that doesn't bode well for future Rapps orders.

I think bringing in the one or two specialty fish per shipment is reasonable, but because Dennis is running a business, we have to also consider what's progressive for the store. Occupied tank space is money and New World cichlids take up a lot of it.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted as soon as the order is go for sure.

Jeff has got some really nice geophagus species and vieja. You might consider them.

I have to agree about the guapotes. One lfs in Saskatoon has a tankfull of dovii fry. I wonder if the people who buy them are even told how big they can get and how much tank space they require. I also wonder how long before they are all sold.

That's good thinking Albert. You don't want to convince Dennis to go ahead and do this, and then have him refuse to do more because the fish sit around for a long time.

Best thing to do is have a good sized order that flies out the door.