Blue Parrot?

FishBrain

I was in the Raddison building today on Memorial and 28St SE and they have a tank in the lobby. Nice tank and I remember there bring large silver dollars in it, but today there were parrot fish in it. THere were white ones and pink one and some almost red ones. I noticed some of them were blotched with red/pink. THEN I saw a blue one. Well it was more terquoise than anything. THere were about 30-40 little parrots in it.

Anyway......Do parrots come in blue?? or was he dyed?

I would have one if they were blue!

No one should ever buy dyed fish or painted or tatooed. They dip them in a mild acid solution to clean the slime off before dying them, This causes a high mortality rate, when ever I see someone ooing and aahing over them I try to disuade them from purchasing said fish, and explain why. As far as I'm concerned the LFS should not bring them either. There should be a total ban on imports of these poor animals. If there is no market for them they will stop the cruelty as they won't be able to sell them.

No one should ever buy dyed fish or painted or tatooed. They dip them in a mild acid solution to clean the slime off before dying them, This causes a high mortality rate, when ever I see someone ooing and aahing over them I try to disuade them from purchasing said fish, and explain why. As far as I'm concerned the LFS should not bring them either. There should be a total ban on imports of these poor animals. If there is no market for them they will stop the cruelty as they won't be able to sell them.

OK dont get that topic started again!! -roll-

I totally agree with you, I was just wondering if they really came in blue. I have turquoise rainbows and these were about that same colour.

OK dont get that topic started again!! -roll-

I totally agree with you, I was just wondering if they really came in blue. I have turquoise rainbows and these were about that same colour.

We had them at Riverfront a while ago. We didn't order them, we ordered something that a customer wanted by common name (not jellybean) and these were what we got. The dye was fading out pretty fast though and they looked really bad after a while, yellow with a hint of whatever colour they were dyed.

We had them at Riverfront a while ago. We didn't order them, we ordered something that a customer wanted by common name (not jellybean) and these were what we got.

Wayne ordered 'rainbow cichlids'...we expected Herotilapia multispinosa, we got....

I screamed.