"Neutralizer" mineral scale remover

Toirtis

OK, I love this stuff...really. It consists of a blend of food-grade, food-based acids, citric, phosphoric, and malic acids....it is about as safe as anything gets, and works like a dream on just about anything (including tanks and aquarium equipment).

Just to give you an idea, here are some before and after pics of an Ebo heater that had sat in a sump for a couple of years. The scale evident in the 'before' photos show what soaking in vinegar for 1 hour and scraping with a hard plastic blade would not remove...the 'after' pics are what "Neutralizer" accomplished after spraying on full-strength and letting sit for 5 minutes.

post-9-1169941110_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941126_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941154_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941139_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941186_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941169_thumb.jpg

post-9-1169941198_thumb.jpg

Really, if this stuff did not already have a distributor in the aquarium society, I would be all over it. Now no-one has any excuse for bringing crusty equipment to the auctions.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is "neutralizer" the actual product name, and where can we find this miracle stuff? If it works better than other products I would like to have some around the house.

It is the actual name...I will get the contact info for the chap that sells it (he brought a bunch to the last CAS meeting, and is down at Riverfront all the time).

Where can you get it in Edmonton?

I do not know that you can, but I will ask Don and perhaps he will know.

Thanks, I would be great for cleaning filters etc. PLus I told my mom and she got all excited about it being able to clean the bathtub doors, so i think she wants some now too. :D

Do you have to wear gloves or mask with this stuff? What I've used is a product called Dee-Lime from Zep. It fizzes and then you rinse the scale off. After a good rinsing I have no residue at all. But what I'm thinking is if this stuff is different and safer for me to use ( no fumes etc), then I'd like to try it too. Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the company to ask where I can get this in Edmonton and here is their response:

Our distributor in Edmonton is Harrison Distribution. Their phone number is 780-432-6881 and the contact name is John Harrison.

So if anyone from Edmonton want some thats the place to call