Critter!

Terrie Lee

ironically enough, I was poking around in their tank today, and for the first time EVER I found a fry!!!! Just one mind you, no matter how hard I looked I couldn't find any more, but I got one -ham-

I watched the females and even though there's 4 that are soooo pregnant, none of them dropped any more fry while I was watching (for like 10 minutes) so I just scooped the 4 of them up and put them in the 10 gallon with all the untied plastic scrubbies and an established sponge filter. Hopefully I get some more bebes!

The pot scrubbers are a good idea which leads me to thinking....I keep getting those bathtub puffs, you know, the ones to suds up with shower soaps. They keep getting unraveled but like tanks, they multiply. I think I have like 8 of them in the cupboard. They are soft too. I'm gonna boil these to make sure they are clean and try that in my "drop" tank tomorow. It'll be colorfull lol. Sue

Edited by Qattarra

It'll be colorfull lol.

Be sure to post a photo

Some great info being shared, but this thread is way beyond hijacked! :ph43r:

Edited by jvision

The pot scrubbers are a good idea which leads me to thinking....I keep getting those bathtub puffs, you know, the ones to suds up with shower soaps. They keep getting unraveled but like tanks, they multiply. I think I have like 8 of them in the cupboard. They are soft too. I'm gonna boil these to make sure they are clean and try that in my "drop" tank tomorow. It'll be colorfull lol. Sue

At considerable risk of Jason finding out I'm continuing this hijack...it worked great! I took appart 1 fluffy and put it in the 2 1/2 gal. drop tank, put in 2 moms(1 swordtail one platy). 24 hours later I have a cloud of fry. The moms could hardly swim arround so they couldn't catch the fry. This is going to stay for me, best yet. And Nick , it was a dark purple one lol Sue

Oh and that sounds like a neat critter, I think I saw some at the Provincial Musium bug room.

Edited by Qattarra

Oh, that is so fabulous! I can't wait to have one of my girls drop more fry. Without a horrid little predator in the tank I can manage to keep the fry away from mommy and all of the other fish, perhaps I can keep some of them alive. I actually own some of those pot scrubbies.