Honduran Redpoint

lilwolfe

Well I woke up this morning to this site:

honduraneggs1.jpg

Now I used to have two honduran redpoints, of which I believed one was male, the other female. Now one of them died a few days ago....and I'm pretty pretty sure it was the male. I got up this morning, and noticed eggs attached to a rock in my tank....then I noticed the female honduran red point fanning and guarding them. Now I honestly can't tell how long they were there before I noticed them. What are the chances they are fertile? and is there any way to tell from the photo? Would the female just lay eggs for the hell of it? She has been pretty fat and ready for a while.

Keep an eye on them and see if they change color.

mine are almost gray when they lay. so from that picture compared to mine i would say no but dont take my word on that. If i seen those i would say yes.

but just keep and eye on them and hope for the best.. Keep us updated.

If you need a male i have a tank of about 200 hrp fry and new batch of eggs. So if you wait a few months you can contact me :D

Edited by Shayesmommy

mine are almost gray when they lay. so from that picture compared to mine i would say no but dont take my word on that. If i seen those i would say yes.

but just keep and eye on them and hope for the best.. Keep us updated.

If you need a male i have a tank of about 200 hrp fry and new batch of eggs. So if you wait a few months you can contact me :D

I will definitely do that. I love their color....and they are silly in some of their mannerisms. So count me in when you have some you are ready to get rid of. I Plan on clearing out my current fry tank (full of inch long balloon mollies)...Hoping my work will take them but if anyone is willing to come to red deer and want some mollies or whatever....PM me. Maybe we can arrange something.

If these eggs don't turn out to be fertile, I'll probably breed my honey gouramis again instead.

I'm hoping they turn out for you. they are great looking little fish.

Sorry to hear about your loss