:D

fatpuffer

I guess I dont have to wait long for baby apistos. I am planning on picking a 10 gallon tank from RDFISHGUY tonight. I was going to separate mom and dad apisto in the tank but I was just looking in the tank and one female is guarding! I was wondering when they would lay eggs again.

I will attempt to separate just mom and the eggs tonight.

Js

Don't you hate when they beat you to what you are trying to do.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: This batch was pretty much eaten by the cories and other fish...mom lost interest in guarding. HOWEVER, I have a new batch with another female that has been separated in a ten gallon. I know it took me forever to set it up...I have been really busy.

I transferred the female and the flower pot with eggs yesterday...today I got wigglers. I have two snails and the apistos in the tank with some java moss and filtered by HOB with sponge in intake.

Lilwolfe: You will have more apistos soon!

Js

• 2 weeks later...

You don't really need to keep the female in there - a lot of people hatch and raise Apistos artificially. At the same point, you don't really have to remove the female unless she's getting aggresive toward the little guys.

Ya I think I proved that somehow by some act of god....atleast one of three wigglers will survive in one of my tanks on it's own.

Congrats on the new batch. And for sure let me know when you have some available.

You should see how big that apisto is getting.....It's well over an inch now. I'm really gonna try and get some pictures of it so that you can tell me whether or not it is a male or female. I would definately love more apistos....they are so pretty. I'm thinking about getting rid of all my balloon mollies....they are starting to annoy me. Plus I really prefer the calmness of the apisto, my long fin goby, and my various honey gouramis.