Pics of my crew

Vallisneria

Thanks,

I've had the turtle for about 2 years. He was a rescue from some girl that was going away for hte summer and had to get rid of him. He was very sick(still is a bit) when i got him as she kept him in horrible conditions.

I wouldn't recommend a box turtle for our enviroment.They really should be kept outside as they dont' do too well inside unless you have a huge enclosure.I was lucky and got mine for free but if you were to buy him he would cost 800$(saw an adult at the petstore for this much) or juvies were 500$. When i saw this i couldnt' beleive,i never knew they were so costly.

Right now He has parasites so i'm trying to get rid of those. Man, is it ever hard to find a vet that deals with reptiles. I have to go all the way to sherwood prak

For free???

Back in the day I used to work for an old pet store here in Calgary Ceasars pet palace.

It is amazing the cost on reptiles from now, compared to then. You used to be able to pick up adults for $50, and captive bred juvenilles for $15-$20.

Yeah she just gave me him for free.She was leaving to go to Banff for the summer and her parents didn't wa to take care of the turtle. She was telling people around campus that she needed to get rid of this turtle. My friend called me and said he had given my name to the girl(i dont' know why i had never really wanted a turtle) and the next day i picked him up. She even gave me what accessories she had and the tank. I built him a enclosure outside, so that is where he lives most of the summer(if its not too cold) and he comes inside during the winter.

I now love him but it has been a long and expensive road to getting him back to health

• 3 weeks later...