any one been to or heard of this store?

snaggle

Yes I have been there unfotunately they closed down a little while ago

The shop was good once upon a time, then it was sold and the most recent owners ran it into the ground, pulled a midnight move, and left a lot of wholesalers short a lot of payment....and abandoned dozens of fish, mammals and reptiles that had to be rescued by outside agencies. A very sad thing indeed.

---G&G was a great store! Right back to the era of Noah's Pet's and The 2 locations of Tropical Fish Gallery.

---I didn't even know this store (Evolution of Pets) ever existed. It might be worth it to try and find out what happened to the racking, tanks, filters etc. I got some great deals when PJ's Pets changed their location in West Ed.

---I didn't even know this store (Evolution of Pets) ever existed. It might be worth it to try and find out what happened to the racking, tanks, filters etc. I got some great deals when PJ's Pets changed their location in West Ed.

It was all pretty old, and I am not sure that the tanks were particularly salvageable....as far as I know, anything that was worth anything was all sold off about 7 weeks ago.

That spot had an aquarium shop in there since at least the early 70s when it was G & G tropicals.

Yep, about 35 years....sad to see it gone.

Previous to G & G it was Rainbow Tropicals (early/mid 60's to mid/late 70's) owned by Fred and Bertha Gergley and both Rainbow Tropicals and double G were on the main floor. It was Tom (the Koi Pet Shop) that moved the store downstairs.

ahhhhhh History.

Previous to G & G it was Rainbow Tropicals (early/mid 60's to mid/late 70's) owned by Fred and Bertha Gergley and both Rainbow Tropicals and double G were on the main floor. It was Tom (the Koi Pet Shop) that moved the store downstairs.

ahhhhhh History.

Wow....so as long as 40-45 years....that it quite a while for one location....damn.

You know... if you moved up to Edmonton and opened a store in the same location, you would be continuing one of the longest standing fish shops in the province, I'm sure...

It's all on you, Christian.

I loved going to the Koi shop. It was only a couple blocks from my school and i'd always wander down and checked out the fishroom(even before I had fish). They always gave great deals on tanks too :thumbs: Wasn't too happy when it changed over to "Evolution of pets". The service and quality went downhill. PLus they lost the big tank showroom :cry:

I vote for Christian to come up and save it by turning it into a riverfront!(I'd also settle for a Gold's :smokey: )