something weird

so i went downstairs tonight to turn off the lights in my 120g tank.

Watching my fish and on the side of the glass i noticed some blue stuff. then it quickly changed to white and dissapeared. And it wasnt on the glass it just looked that way. It was a number of times.

It almost looked like electricity. being curious of course i shoved my hand in the water. lol nothing happened.

If you ever touched one of those blue lamp balls , where the white electricity touches where your fingers are. it reminded me of that. only little pieces and all over.

Fish are fine. And im not the only one who seen. it.

Just curious if this is ok, normal , bad or anyone had it happened before.

Thanks.

Jen

Could it have been a reflection from something else in the room.

ill have to test the light theroy,

well there is a heater is in the middle.

There really isnt anything in this room , besides some toys on the floor and my fish tank..........

ill have to test the light theroy,

well there is a heater is in the middle.

There really isnt anything in this room , besides some toys on the floor and my fish tank..........

basic lights that came with the tank. I hadnt shut the lights off yet. it was in the inside.

i was about to turn them off when i noticed and watched. and it happened just about everywhere. Not lots but you know. So i called the other half down and he seen it too.

Just turned the lights on this morning and there nothing unusual. The blue specs are gone.

Also i do not have nothing blue in the tank.

besides the airline and air stone.

i will keep checking throughout the day and again tonight.

The reason i thought it might be the heater is. the tank is about 10months old from the person i bought it from. He had bought 2 petsmart heaters a black one and the clear one. Well the heaters looked in bad shape.

The black plastic one was cracked and the glass one worked. but didnt look to good.

So i had purchased a back up heater just in case this one went.

i usually shut the tanks down around the same time and i havent noticed anything unusual in that tank yet.

If you have any concerns about your heater use your back-up heater and keep the one that's in the tank now as your back-up. Waiting for it to go is risky you could end up cooking the whole tank. :shock:

Sometimes electric lights (especially florescent) will glow very slightly for a few seconds after they have been shut off. The often light blue glow is usually not noticed by anyone. If all of the other lights were off, however this tiny glow may be noticed. The surface of the water being agitated by bubble wands, filters etcetera may break up the light and make it look like lines or filaments.

I could be completely wrong, but it's an idea.