Parrot cichlid

TheGr8Blade

A friend of mine bought a 4 inch parrot cichlid at the auction. When she got home she noticed the parrots eye was all black. Not pop-eye/hazed over or anything like that just black. She has it in a QT. Temp in the QT is 79. The only other fish in the tank is an algae eater she bought at the auction as well. Since bringing it home it has not eaten a thing. It hides constantly behind the plants in the corner of the tank. It swims to the other corner of the tank every once in a while. It hasn't eaten in 5 days now and maybe more depending on when it was last fed before the auction. Please help. Any suggestions would be helpful at this point. :shock:

I'd try lots of airation, and maybe something really yummy like NLS Thera+A or something live.

Wendy are there any other black spots on this fish? Body/fins?

Went over there and looked at it today. Looks fine except that eye thing going on. Has a black streak thru his/her tail but I think it is a marking (I thought marking anyways). Still not eating.

Edited by TheGr8Blade