What size of tank?

blainetyson

Well all my waiting payed off, the albino corys were at it again yesturday, i manage to get alot of eggs (she laid a pile on the sand), and adding the fungle stuff, so am now waiting for them to start hatching in the container.

I have a 2g that has a huge sponge filter (i bought this last time they were at it), it is the only tank that is free. I am just wondering if this will be big enough, or should i look to get a bigger tank for them?? I will be getting a bigger tank for son's room (between 33g and 55g with stand), so i could use the 18g gallon. The problem with this tank is its shape and height.

Thanks,

Chantell

Your 2 gal will be fine for a while - small tanks are great for young fry b/c it's easier for them to find food and you don't have to put as much in per feeding. Doing WCs will be easy, too - just drain most of the water (maybe w. an airline) then just top it up w. water from the parents' tank.

Have fish, have fun! :thumbs:

Cory fry are not good at handling depth upon hatching. Your water level probably shouldn't be more than 4 ". Under the right conditions they will be at least .5' L within 4-6 weeks. Microworms are a great initial food because if you overfeed they live in the water on the bottom ( the cory fry "hit" zone ) for many days. Once they're starting to grow well after 2-3 weeks, start adding water to increase their depth on a gradual basis.