Newly hatched wigglers leaking tank

Sam Chicklets

I have a bit of a dilemna. I have a pair of Laetacara Dorsigers breed for rhe first time a couple of days ago, and their tank just started leaking tonight. The worst part is the tank is leaking right at the bottom somewhere. I marked the water level to monitor the amount leaking out. Do I try and move them? Dorsiger fry cannot tolerate changes in water chemistry, so I would have to try and move them into another tank with no changes in conditions.

i don't think it will hurt the wigglers, Just take water and filter from the tank they are in and put it in another.

Then leave a bit of water. Then suck the wigglers out with something.

They will be fine.

I would be more concerned about going to bed and waking up and having them all gone cause the tank leaked way to fast or something.

The parents will breed again if something happens.

I wouldn't hurt to try.

Plus now they are barely moving, if you wait until they are free swimming they will be much harder to catch.

Good Luck

Congrats on the fry and sorry about the leak.

5g bucket with the same filter if possible, which is more likely if a sponge filter, but AC300's will fit those too.

HTH, and good luck,

Darcy

well so far the water level has dropped less than a quarter of an inch over night, but I will try to move them today.

Nick: check your PM's

James

They are moved into an empty 15g that I was going to use for some other fish.

Edited by Sam Chicklets