Fotografiti Abstractium!

Slough Shark

From this point on, until I can't come up with anything else, I will change my Avatar on a weekly basis. Each week I will present a new piece of abstract photography, with a caption underneath. I will post how I did it on this thread.

This is basically born of boredom, and me wanting to polish up my Photography and Art skills! Please if anyone is at all interested, join in!

Taylor

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title: From A Spark, A Flame

Ok, this one was simple, I just used a lighter, timed it right, and shot the picture. The only alteration I made, was to crop it:

This is the original image, cropped a bit, so that it fits here

sfyhb.jpg

Heres the same image cropped to look clean

hochimantrial.jpg

Enjoy,

Taylor

Edited by Slough Shark

Great photo Taylor I wish I could find some of my old photos

Edited by Sam Chicklets

Cool idea, Taylor! I will be paying attention to your avatar now, will be interesting to see what else you come up with............. :thumbs: ........ all my pictures turn out the same, as in BLURRY, so I do enjoy looking at other peoples pictures, you know, one's in focus!

nyb- is it a cell wall of a plant? It definitely looks like a Microshot.

Thanks for replies all, I am also looking forward to seeing what I come up with, haven't a clue right now! Actually the problem is coming up with Captions, not the pics themsleves! But thats part of my challenge- part of why I'm doing it, I need to hone my creativity and imagination.

Thanks for having a look,

Taylor

The image is a secondary electron SEM micrograph of an Al alloy, at ~25 000 X magnification. The striations that you see result from sample preparation with 1200 grit SiC paper. I'm not actually sure how the smiley face/hello kitty/space hopper (for any who may have read "Flatterland") got there, but it was interesting, so I took the image. I will be sure to publish it in the Journal of Irreproducible Results.

I look forward to your upcoming pictures, Taylor.

I got what nyb said, but that's because I'm an all around Science geek, actually, make that just an all around geek... with style! Not to make you sound to be a geek nyb.

New pic to come on Sunday, that's the set day that the new pics will be coming in, I've got a few ideas of what to shoot......

Title: The Eye of the Future God

Okeedoke, I've got a new one here. Another relatively simple, one, I've got to get a tough one sometime soon, though they do take some time to get inspired. Just a shot of a flahlight bulb, turned the Macro setting on, and shot the pic.

Original Cropped

OriginalCropped.jpg

Clean

Clean.jpg

Cheers,

Taylor

Edited by Slough Shark