Heat

I am surprised no one has been talking about the heat!

Had to turn off all my overhead lights to keep the tanks at 80 degrees... I noticed that the temp on the tanks that I have light on directly overtop were sitting at 85 degrees at one point...

I also noticed on one tank the heater light came on at 82 degrees so I shut that off... must be a faulty heater

I have 3 strips of lights that work very well and they don't do anything to the temp of the water or atleast not very much.(i have air conditioning :tongue: )

The unheated tanks in the fishroom were pushing 78 today. The 2 tanks on the second floor with the frog and toads are probably in the high 80s or low 90sand the ones on the main floor are at 85 to 86

All of my tanks are upstairs, but so far no problems. I've turned all of the heaters down, and unplugged the lights on the tank with the cheap heater and no plants. I was in Edmonton all day yesterday, (with the windows closed here at home) and the tanks were all hovering aroung 30 degrees. So not the emergency I was half expecting....... :thumbs:

I was doing 20% water changes for 3 days trying to bring tank to 80. It was at 88. But it was a good thing the fiance dont like the heat. We broke down and bought 2 window mount ACs. Now my temps are at the 78 mark again :thumbs:

It was either the ACs or see if I could find a water cooler for the tank. My brother in Saskatoon has one. I dont know if he bought it or made it but works great.