Goodbye tiny livebearers.

Terrie Lee

Over the course of a day all of my limia have died. Nothing I did stopped the march of death. No water change, no research, no worried clothes-rending. It started this morning when I got up to one tiny corpse on the bottom of the tank. Then came the series of water tests. All within normal parameters.

Then the frantic water changes and careful observation. Then the series of tiny deaths. Now they are all gone.

Perhaps they were too advanced for me? Inadequate filtration? Darn it! Why can't I know everything about this hobby RIGHT NOW?

Edited by Terrie Lee

Over the course of a day all of my limia have died. Nothing I did stopped the march of death. No water change, no research, no worried clothes-rending. It started this morning when I got up to one tiny corpse on the bottom of the tank. Then came the series of water tests. All within normal parameters.

Then the frantic water changes and careful observation. Then the series of tiny deaths. Now they are all gone.

Perhaps they were too advanced for me? Inadequate filtration? Darn it! Why can't I know everything about this hobby RIGHT NOW?

Sorry to hear about your loss!

Sorry to hear about your baby fish deaths. That is so sad. If they all died without cause, could it be genetic???? Sometimes some recessive genes come out and the babies die. If this happens again(hope not) maybe try a different male or female, it could help. Good luck with future batches.

Sorry to hear about that Terrie Lee