what fish hve you bred?

Vallisneria

Well i'll start this forum off :D

Which fish have you personally bred?

I have bred Ruby red peacocks, L.ocellatus, Iodotropheus sprengerae and im jsut starting to a get a few spawning from my Lab.perlmutts(but none have held to term). I have also bred platies and guppies, but who hasn't :P

Well Let's see, first there is the ones who so often start it all,

Guppies, Mollies and Platies

Endlers and Swordtails

for livebearers

Then the rest,

P.Pulcher, convicts, firemouths, salvini, P.subocellatus, German blue rams, discus, angelfish, Geophagus Brasilliensis, Gymnogeophagus Rhabdotus, N.brichardi, N.brevis, Hap. Nyererei, C.sterbai, C.aeneus, C.arcuatus, C.hasbrosus, Ancistrus dolichopterus, L010a loricaridae(accident), Aspidoras goia, F.scheeli, F.gardneri, F.poliaki Mile29, N.rachovii.

I will add to this list when I can think of more, of all I think the bristlenose plecos were the most exciting and rewarding. Geophagus were second and My sterbai were definitely an exciting day.

• 3 weeks later...

I breed Labidochromis caeruleus. I keep them with my Lake Malawi haplochromines which are a mixed bag. They are easy to breed. I haven't bred anything else to compare it to. I have a pair of Lamprologus occelatus that have thus far been unproductive. I would like to try some different plecos and Altolamprologus calvus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

S.multipunctatus

S.fryeri

O.lithobates

Angel fish-pain in the butt

Protomelas Taiwan Reefs

N.pulcher

L.calvus

N.livinstonii

Aulonacara-several types

Guppies-there the easiest of all!

If you've bred one hap you've bred em' all.

• 4 weeks later...

What species have I bred.

NONE !!! I'm not into that kinda thing :lol::D:lol: :P

However; I have let different species breed.

D1 to D4 species. See>> http://s6.invisionfree.com/AlbertaAquatica...p?showtopic=368

To date 50+ species.

Now, before you say ''WOW'' :o;) . All I did was supply the correct water conditions, aka-Environment. and a lot of pacing back and forth ... <_< .

I belive that breeding fish is not an easy process. SURE... Some fish will breed ... as long as they are ''wet!!''. YAH - RIGHT. :angry:

It does take patience and a skill. The skill is understanding the species. AND meeting their requirements. even if by accident. :P

EX-LIVEBEARERS - sure if the water is in good condition they can breed ... however, to let the fry grow to be 90 days ==old ... does take a bit more work.

Proper foods, hiding spaces, grow-out room, etc.

So, if you think, that the fish in your tank - that had babies/bred was a :wub: give yourself a bit more credit.

It is not as easy at it seems.

P.S. btw ...I am doing the Discus thing, presently/now. It helps to [mentaly] justify the cost of the new tanks .... B)B) pumps, etc ..$$$$.$$

Yeah, right :blink: :blink: lol.

After all, It is only a "" HOBBY "". :huh: