trade in's at local fish stores

rodsboys

At big als you need to talk to the fish manager as the regular workers usually say no. Big als gives store credit, not money.

I've sold fish to Aquarium enthusiasts before and also talked to Aquarium illusions and they said they,depending on what fish it was, would be interested in buying fish.

Petsmart and superpet said they don't buy hobbyists fish but could tkae them if it was a donation.

Its best to call around to the LFS and see if they are interested.

• 2 months later...
Big Al's came thru for me today.I think it is a matter of making sure you speak to the manager.

I tried that once, they basically told me on the phone i would get credit for this large fish i had, but when i got to the store, they tried to get me to just give them the fish for free *new the fish i had would cost at least 30$, and mine was larger then their's at that price*. So i ended up giving away the fish to someone's pond *not big al's*

Big Al's came thru for me today.I think it is a matter of making sure you speak to the manager.

I tried that once, they basically told me on the phone i would get credit for this large fish i had, but when i got to the store, they tried to get me to just give them the fish for free *new the fish i had would cost at least 30$, and mine was larger then their's at that price*. So i ended up giving away the fish to someone's pond *not big al's*

Pond fish are difficult to sell once you go over the $10 mark. Large koi/goldfish are more than the novice aquarist can handle. The small juveniles are preferable because they will live longer in the bowl/small tank they are usually placed.