Hello

sharknut

Hello there, my name is Richie and I am new to this forum thing. I have been interested and very much active in the hobby for about 20 years now. I do hope that I can help out in any way I can with advise or anything as well as gain new knowledge as much as I can. My biggest interest is in Freshwater sharks (catfish) but I have tried my hand at about every species out there. My second favorite is red bellied piranhas and how very characteristic they can be if you pay close attention to them, they are quite humerous. I only wish that I had more time to watch them, I own and run a very busy business but try to stop and watch my fish as much as possible. All of lifes stress and misery seems to just melt away when you watch fish.

Welcome to the AA, Ritchie and dude you have had one heck of a lot of fish if you've tried your had at just about every species. Last I heard there are over 10,000 different species of freshwater fish. :beer:

What kind of catfish are you keeping?

What I mean is just about every species, not sub-species, lets not get carried away.

I keep irridescent, columbian, bala, silver-tipped

Welcome to the AA, Ritchie and dude you have had one heck of a lot of fish if you've tried your had at just about every species. Last I heard there are over 10,000 different species of freshwater fish. :beer:

What I mean is just about every species, not sub-species, lets not get carried away.

Nope, I meant species when I say there are 10,000 of them. For eg. you are keeping four species, three are catfish all of a different genus and one is a carp, closely related to goldfish. What you probably mean is Group or Order which is probable. ;)

Nope, I meant species when I say there are 10,000 of them. For eg. you are keeping four species, three are catfish all of a different genus and one is a carp, closely related to goldfish. What you probably mean is Group or Order which is probable. ;)

Thanks tips, you don't have to criticize it was just a statement. Last time I checked I don't have a degree in marine biology, so maybe next time I should say I've kept 983 species then if that suits your likings.

Thanks tips, you don't have to criticize it was just a statement. Last time I checked I don't have a degree in marine biology, so maybe next time I should say I've kept 983 species then if that suits your likings.

Sorry dude, I didn't mean to come across as critical and I sure didn't want to rub you the wrong way. I was just kinda shocked :shock: at your statement and really I still am. I've kept a lot of different species of fish in my time, but no where near as many as your 1000ish! :lol: You've kept about 10% of the worlds species of FW fish and I've only kept less then 1%. It's really pretty wild when I look at it that way!

Anyway, like I said ealier, weclome to AA. :smokey:

Hello there, my name is Richie and I am new to this forum thing. I have been interested and very much active in the hobby for about 20 years now. I do hope that I can help out in any way I can with advise or anything as well as gain new knowledge as much as I can. My biggest interest is in Freshwater sharks (catfish) but I have tried my hand at about every species out there. My second favorite is red bellied piranhas and how very characteristic they can be if you pay close attention to them, they are quite humerous. I only wish that I had more time to watch them, I own and run a very busy business but try to stop and watch my fish as much as possible. All of lifes stress and misery seems to just melt away when you watch fish.

Welcome to AA Richie!