Tank Dividers?

bozco

I need a tank divider for a standard 20 gal tank. Something transparent that allows water circulation etc. Is there a specific brand name that anyone can recommend. I'm creditcardless by the way, so something I dont' have to order online would be nice.

Thanks.

I made dividers for my betta tanks with clear plastic canvas that I got from Michael's Craft store, I think a sheet of it was 25 cents. I siliconed report cover spines to the sides and then just slid the canvas in.

Works great and is super cheap! :thumbs:

Thanks everyone.

Being my lazy self I ended up buying penplax one. But My tank is an odd depth for some reason, so I may have to take it back. I really like the report spine idea so if I have to I may go with that.

Thanks again

I cut the lighting egg crate to size and then use a small piece of sponge to wedge it in. It is non-permanent and will give a little when doing tank maintence.

A 2 foot by 4 foot section of the egg crate can be bought at Rona for $8. This is enough to do multiple tanks. The sponge is just an untreated car sponge that I use as a prefilter on my AC500s.

:ml:

well...it fit. Doesn't look so great but I will modify it. So the two fish that were fighting are seperated and I figured I'd put in my bettas too, one on either side. Left the room for five minutes, when I came back one betta had jumped into the other side and they were tearing into each other. They seem to be alright now. But any ideas about preventing jumpers? The divider extends about 3mm above the waterline, and when this guy jumped the tank wasn't even fully, he had to leap a good 10cm