Tank builders

Eric

Gold Aquariums build tanks for a very reasonable price and will do custom sizes. The only problem is they put a one inch glass lip around the top so you can't put an HOB filter on the tank unless you can find some way to grind down the lip (I believe someone on this site has done this in the past?)

- Kevin

WOW .... didnt see the price being so different between shops 2 shops @ $400 and 1 @ 1300

Likely different builders...the difference between a Bow Valley tank and a Concept tank is like comparing a Kia to a Mercedes.

Now witch one is witch? :smokey:

WOW .... didnt see the price being so different between shops 2 shops @ $400 and 1 @ 1300

Likely different builders...the difference between a Bow Valley tank and a Concept tank is like comparing a Kia to a Mercedes.

lol didn't even call Concept yet .... all 3 quotes are from Calgary guys

I know you get what you pay for but $1300 for a 54L x 30W x 24H seems a bit high to me .

other stores have ready made 180's for $1100 (tank only) $1900 - tank , stand lights and glass tops

and yes we live in free market so they are welcome to charge what ever they would like , just a little shocked thats all.

Eric

I cannot comment on this year's prices but I had a 180 gallon ordered through Gold Aquarium in the spring of 2005 for $450 including glass top. $200 for a metal stand and I was ready to go. I already had a light and a couple of filters so just bought a heater and one more filter and I was happy. I used paneling to cover the stand. It looks decent enough for the basement TV room and for about $800 I got new whereas many people wanted over $1000 for their used setups that size.

I know you get what you pay for but $1300 for a 54L x 30W x 24H seems a bit high to me .

It is, although those wider tanks (anything over 24") tend to be a bit spendy...is that just a bare tank, or does it include overflows, holes, etc?

That was bare tank . With 2 overflows it would be $500

It is, although those wider tanks (anything over 24") tend to be a bit spendy...is that just a bare tank, or does it include overflows, holes, etc?

OK, that is crazy....$1800 for that is way too much.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, just wondering how your experience with getting a tank built went, and if you had any recommendations?

thanks

bob