Tank builders

Eric

• 1 month later...
has anyone recently purchased a big-@$$ (220-500gal) acrylic? what kind of price range? and from where? and i still did'nt hear an answer to the kia-mercedies comment... waiting.... :beer: :drunk: :chair:

Acrylic tanks vary in price...depending on size.... check this out, click the tank section

and then rectangular tanks....for extra large tanks click ultra tanks;

http://www.iadempet.com/dealers.htm

phone: 780 487-0493

add: 14020-141St, Edmonton,Alta

has anyone recently purchased a big-@$$ (220-500gal) acrylic? what kind of price range? and from where? and i still did'nt hear an answer to the kia-mercedies comment... waiting.... :beer: :drunk: :chair:

Acrylic tanks vary in price...depending on size.... check this out, click the tank section

and then rectangular tanks....for extra large tanks click ultra tanks;

http://www.iadempet.com/dealers.htm

phone: 780 487-0493

add: 14020-141St, Edmonton,Alta

those are downright reasonable prices, gonna have to check em out. i called tenacor just for fun. financing a tank is one thing but with them you would have to mortgage one! :shock:

• 4 months later...

I am looking for a builder of a large tank (120"x28"Dx30"W) and cabinetry in Calgary. Who should I contact? This thread mentions Mitch/Bow Valley, Gary (??), Gold's... is there anyone else? To clarify, I am looking for a glass tank - not acrylic.

I appreciate your thoughts

Jeff

Edited by Jeff & Norlaine

Concept aquarium in Edmonton does excellent work. In calgary, you have two options...Bow Valley (Mitch) or Gary....anything custom from any Calgary shop comes from one of those three builders, and primarily from the two Calgary ones.

Does anyone have contact information for "Bow Valley (Mitch) or Gary". I tried searching for Bow Valley and found a couple different phone numbers but no one answers. And I don't have a clue how to reach Gary.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

Concept aquarium in Edmonton does excellent work. In calgary, you have two options...Bow Valley (Mitch) or Gary....anything custom from any Calgary shop comes from one of those three builders, and primarily from the two Calgary ones.

Does anyone have contact information for "Bow Valley (Mitch) or Gary". I tried searching for Bow Valley and found a couple different phone numbers but no one answers. And I don't have a clue how to reach Gary.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

I think they went under the name cameron management?

The phone number for Bow Valley Aquariums (Mitch) is (403) 272-4960 .

He has nothing to do with Cameron Management.

Thanks for the number. If I ever meet Mitch I may have to buy him an answering machine.

What about "Gary"? Who is this? I want a well-made tank. I have made two requests for quotes so far - one from Calgary and one from Edmonton. One is a higher end "do it all" sort of outfit and the other doesn't actually make them at their shop but they farm it out. My preference is to deal directly with a high quality builder that doesn't drive a Porsche. Is this Gary?

Thanks for all of your comments and thoughts so far.

As an aside I have started to shift my rock from the 180 to the 135 - I am going to try to take the 180 offline and get the movers to take it to Calgary. My fish look confused. This is not any fun at all :(

Jeff

The phone number for Bow Valley Aquariums (Mitch) is (403) 272-4960 .

He has nothing to do with Cameron Management.

Thanks for the number. If I ever meet Mitch I may have to buy him an answering machine.

What about "Gary"? Who is this? I want a well-made tank. I have made two requests for quotes so far - one from Calgary and one from Edmonton. One is a higher end "do it all" sort of outfit and the other doesn't actually make them at their shop but they farm it out. My preference is to deal directly with a high quality builder that doesn't drive a Porsche. Is this Gary?

Thanks for all of your comments and thoughts so far.

As an aside I have started to shift my rock from the 180 to the 135 - I am going to try to take the 180 offline and get the movers to take it to Calgary. My fish look confused. This is not any fun at all :(

Jeff

We build in-house at Elite Aquatics and we can do pretty much anything you want (polishing and what not). Give me a call 253-8123. I don't drive a Porsche... yet.

Edited by little sea