River Tank

Slough Shark

Here are some pics to show how my tank has evolved..

October 2007

RiverTankOct07.jpg

November 2007

RiverTankNov07.jpg

At Present (just did a WC, added the Mopani wood, and did ALOT of shuffling things around, sorry for the murky water)

RiverTankJan08.jpg

I sure like how it's turned out, I still need to get a powerhead or two to put on the right side for the Hillstream Loaches I plan to get. And that means that I'll probably have to make some sort of water break between the powerheard and the other side of the tank which I call "the Shoreline" since that is the part of the river I wanted it to mimic. I bought some Glass Cats today that I am going to grow out in my 20 gallon, until they are about 3" so that they aren't eaten by my leaffish.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for anything?

Taylor

The size of the glass cat fish wont matter against the leaffish they'll still get attacked. My cobalt gourami fell victim to that leaf fish and it was the same size as it.

I had a betta in with him with no problems. He is alot more timid with the more active fish I have (namely the weather loaches).

Thats true it didnt eat the CAE I put with it.

I believe the leaf fish is an opportunistic predator and prefers slower easier to catch prey.