My Betta Needs a New Tank

fishprincess

I know nothing on frogs, cories need a group to be happy. A snail might be fun but Prince may go after his/her antenna. A 5 sounds good and roomy Prince must be happy in his new digs. An oto would be a good cleaning crew or a small pleco. Not a lot of room for extra roommates though, maybe just add decorations he can swim through instead of extra bio load . :hey:

What would be the minimum size of a group of cory cats? 2? 5? 8?

*Winces* I've read stories about bettas nibbling on snails' antennae. Poor snails!

Every site I've been to with info on plecos mentions they grow huge and has at least one story about a person where they bought a little pleco and it grew very large. Are there any plecos that are compatible with bettas and stay at least somewhat small?

Thanks!

fishprincess

Some plecos only grow to about 2 inches.

Queen Arabesque

Matto Grosso

Go see Nature's Corner Store, Henry and Gillian will help you out. Let them know you're an AA member they'll look after you very well.

Qattarra, thank you for the info. I couldn't find any info about a fish called a Matto Grosso, though. Where did you hear about them?

Prince is totally ignoring his plant and prefers to swim in between the suction cups on the heater -roll- . Does anyone else have a fish that does this? LOL, it's so funny to watch!

Thanks!

fishprincess

The Matto Grossos, LDA08, I picked up from Henry. They look almost dalmatian like , dark with white spots. They have some bristles, are about 2 inches long and are active and fun. I'll try to find a pic and post it for you. Check in with Henry and even Snagle may have brought in some good ones.

Edited by Qattarra