Salt Water

Tailor

Fresh or salt  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

I just joined the forum and I had a question for you... I haven't seen a lot of Marine post. I'm from B.C. and its huge out here. Are there many" reefers" on this site? I manage in a fish only pet store and we have about 50/50 fish to salt water tanks. Are the stores in Alberta about the same? ( 50/50 mix)

-Brad

I myself am working on my first salt tank. I would say though that the ratio here in edmonton is more like 75% fresh/25% salt. Most of the LFS around the city carry a majority of fw, although there are some that have a 50/50 split and a couple that are 75sw/25fw. At our last 3 or 4 aquarium auctions, there was very few sw lots. 5 or 10 out of 200 or 300. I personally wouldn't mind if there were a few more sw lots at the auction.

I've got both now, 2 saltwater tanks, one with just corals and live rock that I bought recently and the other with live rock, some coral and a few fish. The majority of my other tanks are freshwater.

I think I'm up to over 10 tanks now and the python makes water changes a lot quicker now versus the bucket system.

As soon as I master my freshwater tanks .... I will take on the Salt challenge... may be awhile!

Salt water is wayyyyy easier than it sounds, now planted tank for me is imposible and keeping cichlids happy without ripping each other to shreds haven't figured that out either. Reef tanks is easy to find the balance they become self sufficient just feed them couple times a week no algae no fighting it is acually stress free :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Freash water only here.

19 tanks going now. The bigger the tank the better..lol

The Fx5 maked water changes a breeze

Seems to me a ten gal tank takes more work than a 120 gal tank

But thats just me.

Freash water only here.

19 tanks going now. The bigger the tank the better..lol

The Fx5 maked water changes a breeze

Seems to me a ten gal tank takes more work than a 120 gal tank

But thats just me.