Eheim 2217 - I think I'm in love

mitsukuni

Just bought a used 2217 from everybody's favorite buy/sell chickie - of course I'm talking about finaddict. Well I have had a few canister filters in my time: magnum 350s, HOT magnums, vortex diatom, fluval, cascade, etc. NEVER had an Eheim, and always kind of thought people were a bit stuck up when they talked about their "Mercedes of filters", etc...

Well, I am now a believer. Primed it as per instructions, and it instantly started. No leaks. No airlocks. No noise. None. Massive media container. NO NOISE. Beautiful.

Thanks again Connie. But no thanks, since I now want another. :blush: :thumbs:

Phil

I just got around to setting up one of the 2213's I bought during the boxing week sales (also got another 2213 and a 2217). I was also impressed at how easy it was to prime considering I've been dealing with fluval canisters for the last couple of years. I'm trying to phase out the fluvals on my planted tanks as they seem to be prone tofailure due to air buildup more on planted tanks. I've had some fairly dissapointing crashes due to this issue with the fluvals. Hopefuly the eheims will live up to their hype.

I have three Eheims included a used 2217 that has run flawlessly for three years. Who knows how old it was when I bought it. I give it a rinse every three months. I have never taken it apart or serviced it in any way. Maybe I should but it just keeps on going.