7 truely is a lucky number

SerLunchbox

Well, this is the 7th spawn of my angels and i actually think i did something right with their spawn finally because their eggs have lasted 24 hours! (the cleaned up all milky white eggs). The rest are a darker coloration (tan or brown color). Just to give you a history:

1st spawn: they did it on the gravel and i accidentally sucked all the eggs up doing a PWS and gravel clean.

2nd - 4th spawn: again, no slate was employed, but it was against the side of my glass. no eggs left after about 2 hours of them finishing spawning.

5th and 6th spawn: against slate, protected the eggs vigerously! No eggs lasted overnight

7th spawn: well, i did a lot of different things this time. as it stands, the eggs are still on the slate! I put in a tank divider, covered the front of their section of the tank with a towel and just running my light as normal.feeding will be interesting now. Now i am jsut excited that it might (MIGHT) just happen.

:beer:

5 angels ... a breeding pair (had one over a year and the other about 3 months) the other 3 are jeveniles and had them for about 9 months.

It is working out for me ... still have eggs ... they are knocking off some eggs that are not fertilized and stuff like that. It is really cool to see.

Now i just have to figure out if i remove them after the eggs hatch.

well ... about 12 hours left to go and i saw a few of the eggs wiggle ... unfortunately now all the remaining eggs are on the sand substrate that the slate is in and i don't know what is happening with them now. So hard to see them now ... The angels were moving eggs around the slate earlier but stopped when i introduced a bit of food and tried to get rid of some eggs that were obviously fungused. Now i don't know what to do at all.