Member of he month!

In the past we have tried other ways of choosing the member of the month. They didn't work out, so the admins and mods make the decision now.

Its not just any random person that gets it. The mods/admins nominate who they think contributed in some way to our community. Then we vote on it. The contributions of the nominated members don't have to be huge to be recognized(ex. new members that have improved a lot, a member that has taken the time to really help someone out etc.). Its just something we can do to show our appreciation to the members of the forum.

I'm going to assume this thread was started because I was made member of the month---I'm truly sorry that some of you feel this way. I always thought this was a special community and I enjoy being part of it.

Not at all your pictures and input are appreciated... carry on with the great posts!

My bad timing and choice of words...

Think I better take a holliday... sorry if I upset you not intended for sure...

No problem

I certainly never intended to offend any one with my pictures and input. I will try to be better in the future

And if you could I would like to know which of my pics you didn't like as I'm not big on photography usually take a few and pick out the best ones---any help would-be appreciated

Not at all your pictures and input are appreciated... carry on with the great posts!

Jorg I think there was a comma missing in jerry's reply

maybe reread it he said NOT AT ALL< Your pictures and input are appreciated... carry on with the great posts!

I think you read it as ""Not all your pictures and input are appreciated""

The management team on AA makes suggestions for the motm and give a reason why and it goes to an informal vote. Not all reasons are as noticeable as others. If we picked a name out of a hat we may have come up with someone like Willfishguy. Any one of the team may suggest a member for a reason that they believe is worthy, and they will state it to the team. I do not know where you got the random selection idea from but there is thought that goes into it. We have 6 motms from southern AB and 6 from northern AB per year and have many members that contribute, or show great improvement. So to repeatedly give it to someone like Patrick for example because of his fantastic photography would be unfair to other equally deserving members. I don't know where this rant came from but we do not do random selections. I personally read through every post on this board, and perhaps spend to much time on it but I do notice who is doing what.

I still haven't received a P.M. from PimpDocta.

I will be expecting it the next time you visit the site. ;)

Frank you do not need to P.M. me as your first post doesn't signify that people who have won the MOTM, Shouldn't have.

We are more than happy with the way we are dealing with the MOTM contest and Aren't going to change it.

We Give Away these Gift Certs out of the goodness of our hearts to people who deserve them, and if you don't like that...Then just send me a nasty P.M, and i'll take care of the rest for you.

Topic closed end of conversation.

Thanks for the explanation Nick!

It is well written .... perhaps an explanation of why the person won it would be in order when the presentation is made.... this way when the person is given the honour they can wear it proudly for what their contribution was...

I personaly did think it was random... why not 1600+ members hard to pick anyone out of that many members, using any critera..

What I find offensive in this whole disscussion is the unwillingness to listnen by some of our members and attack immediatly... and perhaps I have been guilty of that as well at times in my life, so it is a good lesson for me as well.... was not my intention of burning anyone.... those that know me on this forum should be able to attest to that ....

The suggestion of sour grapes by one member thrown my way was a burn! Give me a break... With the criteria I was suggesting or so poorly presented ... I would not ever be worthy of winning the award... that is why I said that several should be able to win it more often... not going to mention any names because we all know the people who post and reply to most of our questions... Thanks so much for your answers people you have helped me out immencly(spelling)...I am deffinetly one of the question askers.... So no sour grapes on my part / I never expect to win it and would of passed it on to one of the people that have helped me over the last couple of years on this forum if I had and still will if I ever do.... now that is why and how I should of posted this whole darn thing to begin with!!!!!!

Thanks for understanding...If not what can I say...

Since you've gone to the effort of explaining your position and why you began this post I will make an apology to you Jerry as you usually have a lot of goods things to contribute on the forum. I just couldn't understand why you had made such a seemingly negative post and I reacted to your words to that point in the thread.

I was aware of how the MOTM is selected and I thought you were criticizing some of the past winners based on their previous record. Everyone who has won an MOTM has demonstrated that they deserved it either through contributions or through a marked improvement in the quality of their contributions just from frequenting this forum.

And I'm not just saying this because I won one last year... :rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying your position.