Smuckers the EBJD not doing so hot :(

fatpuffer

Well the EBJD curse finally caught up with Smuckers. My EBJD is not doing well. It seems like within a day, he went down hill for no obvious reason. Had to do a shot gun approach with external (Melafix) and internal (force feed broad spectrum antibiotics). The water test are perfect...did a water change anyways. It does not look like he will make it.

Js

Sorry to hear that Jonah. Keep us updated

Thanks guys. Unfortunately he passed away. He was 9-9.5inches (total length). It happened so fast...not sure what I could have done differently. Awesome fish and great personality (when he was not sulking).

Thanks.

Jonah

Edited by fatpuffer

I am sorry Jonah, it is so hard to lose a beautiful fish like that.

Take my advice and do not get another for a long time - my first one was so great, that my second is just a disappointment.

Think of this as a good opportunity to try something new.

Kevin

Sorry to hear that Jonah. I guess he's swimming up in the big pond with his brother now.

Personally I will never own that variant of JD again, as IMHO as a whole they are a genetically weak

inbred strain of hybrid fish, not just a rare color variant as some people seem to believe.

The odds are against them from the moment they're born.

On a more positive note, your Motoro ray is looking fat & healthy! :)

THANKS EVERYBODY! I think I will go with Kevin's advice and try other fish. He was a great fish! Too bad that he's life was cut way short. He was a heavy bugger too! Must have been all the NLS (and shrimp, krill, and blood worms...LOL) that he had. He will be surely missed.

Again thanks all for the moral support.

Jonah