cheap gravel

Jo3l

does anyone know of a place in west edmonton that sells regular river gravel? i am setting up a new tank and am trrying to keep it as natural as possible, and not looking to spend 5 dollars on a tiny 2.5 pound bag of rock that i think i could probubly get ahold of at some kind of landscaping store for next to nothing.

-jo3l

At this time of year you can get it free from parking lots. You just need to wash it well.

• 9 months later...

yes planted but not by anything that is rooted, what i ended up doing was just going over to the apartment complex a block from my house and like most they had a big wood box filled with a rough looking gravel for traction on the sidewalks, mainly dark grey to black in color, some lighter little rocks, all around the size of a pea or bb lol. only thing that was a bit of work was the fact that it had alot of salt on it but after a few hot baths it was good to go, and now i have about 2/3 target sand, and 1/3 this rock and i got a good look goin on, tanks been established for welll over 3 1/2 months and no deaths with fish or plants.

-jo3l