Tank Set Up

Dalray

So i have this new 230 Gal tank with a 90 Gal sump solid oak stand.

i need some help with the plumbing area of it. from the overflow to the sump and back. pump that pumps 4800 GPH but can be slowed or sped up if i want. i think its 3 inch plumbing and what should i use PVC or ABS ? what type of sealant ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. and thanks in advance.

Use PVC there is a special purple glue dunno the name off hand just ask at Home Depot or Rona they will help, Rona seems to have a way better selection of fittings.

I think you better remeasure that plumbing I don't think it would 3" That is the size of hose fuel trucks use to unload gas at service stations so it's is probably 1-1.5"

Not sure on the pump most pumps I've seem work in GPM unless it is industrial which shouldn't be used in aquaria but I could be wrong, If so 4800 GPH works out to 80 GPM so it might be a little underpowered for a tank that big unless you are going to supliment it with powerheads. If you want to slow the pump down you put a bypass ion the return with a ball valve to limit how much is bypassed make sense?

Use PVC there is a special purple glue dunno the name off hand just ask at Home Depot or Rona they will help, Rona seems to have a way better selection of fittings.

I think you better remeasure that plumbing I don't think it would 3" That is the size of hose fuel trucks use to unload gas at service stations so it's is probably 1-1.5"

Not sure on the pump most pumps I've seem work in GPM unless it is industrial which shouldn't be used in aquaria but I could be wrong, If so 4800 GPH works out to 80 GPM so it might be a little underpowered for a tank that big unless you are going to supliment it with powerheads. If you want to slow the pump down you put a bypass ion the return with a ball valve to limit how much is bypassed make sense?

its does make sense yes. anythign else i should be looking for

Make sure the pipe and glue is made for potable water.

Is there a drilled hole in the overflow?

the tank is 6 ft long, and there is an overflow on both sides of it. there are pre drilled holes in the the overflows, so i dont need to drill there, and the 90 gallon sump is predrilled for the pump to return the water. the only drilling i was told to do is in the stand. I was told to come straight down off the overflows, and have 2 45 degree angles in there to increase water flow, because a 90 elbow would slow the water down. then have the pipe come through the stand, and then have 2 45's into the 90 sump. Is this true?

Is there a drilled hole in the overflow?

You know after i read your post it made sense lol when i read my buddies email i didnt even clue in. now dont i look like a retard. lol

as for the parts, i didnt get any with it. you mean the black parts, that the tubing goes into correct?

two 45 equals 90 lol.

so itll slow down the water at a same pace. do the physics on it.

and there are special parts that should come with the tank to join the overflows to the tubing...

You will need to get bulkheads to attach the pipes, also 2 45s do add up to 90, but will not restrict the flow as much. There is less back pressure on gradual turns than on sharp ones.

You will need to get bulkheads to attach the pipes, also 2 45s do add up to 90, but will not restrict the flow as much. There is less back pressure on gradual turns than on sharp ones.

this is what i meant with the 45's thanks again. so they are called bulk heads and are available in the hardware stores as well?