Splitting the Livestock section to FW & SW

To be honest, there's not much for SW on this site. I don't think it's really necessary. When I sell SW stuff, almost all of it sells thru CanReef; however, I know that there are a few of us who have SW who look here more than on CR, so I cross-post here as well.

Edited by jvision

To be honest, I am a new member so I have not had a chance to spend a ton of time on this site, however I think it would split the buy/ sell very nicely and it would be easy for those who are interested in either or to go where they want...

just my thought... :)

In theory this is a great idea, but practically i think it would clutter the "Buy & Sell" forum...also i think it would make it less convenient to browse as well as manage.

However if you can show me a invision site that has this type of spit topic, i will have a look at it to see if it is feasible.

We do welcome all positive sugestions.

So thankyou for your input, it is much appreciated.

I prefer it the way it is. I like both fw and sw and this enables me to look at everything available in one shot instead of more.

It might help if someone puts "salt water" or some such thing in their topic when they post it. Then FW people can skip it and SW people can browse away. I know sometimes it might seem obvious, but a lot of people just put "livestock for sale" or the likes. I'm not suggesting this become another rule for the mods to deal with, just that it might be a nice public service if the members did it. :)

It might help if someone puts "salt water" or some such thing in their topic when they post it. Then FW people can skip it and SW people can browse away. I know sometimes it might seem obvious, but a lot of people just put "livestock for sale" or the likes. I'm not suggesting this become another rule for the mods to deal with, just that it might be a nice public service if the members did it. :)

You put it very good. I think so too. There are probably not enough SW things in here to be opening up a whole new page for it. So if everyone can put specifically that it is for SW, then people who will be interested will only take a look. And I don't know about this, and can't remember if you have it or not, but if you have a page for "other" fish, then they can post their concerns about SW in this section.

There isn't really enough salt water ads for them to have their own buy/sell forum. There is maybe 1 salt ad a week if we are lucky.

This is my exact point - the 1 add gets lost in the bunch...