Fish Store Tour Directions Needed

punman

Our family is going to Edmonton Saturday for a family dinner at 10425- 99 Ave. at 2 PM

We are entering Edmonton from the south.

I'd like to visit some independent fish stores when in town.

I need to go to Aquagiant Ltd.for sure - Address: 11709-170 St. , as well as any others you would recommend. (Fresh water only - esp. cichlids)

I want to do this prior to the dinner.

Can someone suggest a plan that will end me at the dinner without running back and forth.

Just tell me the names of the stores I should hit and the order to do it. I imagine I can see maximum of 4-5 if my wife does not get too bored.

Thanks - I only go there every couple of years so don't know the city well (or the names of the popular fish stores).

Our family is going to Edmonton Saturday for a family dinner at 10425- 99 Ave. at 2 PM

We are entering Edmonton from the south.

I'd like to visit some independent fish stores when in town.

I need to go to Aquagiant Ltd.for sure - Address: 11709-170 St. , as well as any others you would recommend. (Fresh water only - esp. cichlids)

I want to do this prior to the dinner.

Can someone suggest a plan that will end me at the dinner without running back and forth.

Just tell me the names of the stores I should hit and the order to do it. I imagine I can see maximum of 4-5 if my wife does not get too bored.

Thanks - I only go there every couple of years so don't know the city well (or the names of the popular fish stores).

Let's see this would be my route:

Big Als 3511-99 St

Aquarium Enthusiasts 6734 - 75 Street

Nature's Corner 9082-51 Ave

Aquarium Illusions 16630 - 109 Avenue

Aquagiant 11709-170 St.

Aquagiant 12775 50 Street NW

You can substitute

3803 Calgary Trail NW, Unit 150 for Big Als

You can also skip Aquarium Illusions also. They do have freshwater but not a lot of it, their focus is more on saltwater.

I picked Aquarium Enthusiasts before Nature's corner due to the fact the the only way to leave Aquarium Enthusiasts is a right turn.

Most of the stores are on the south side, so you should be able to get a bunch in without much driving.

Nature's cornerstore, Aquarium enthusiasts, Little Oceans, Big als, and Blue World aquarium are all close together on the south side.

On the westend by Aquagiant is Aquarium Illusions(across from the mayfield hotel)

Addresses can be found here http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=6071

Let's see this would be my route:

Big Als 3511-99 St

Aquarium Enthusiasts 6734 - 75 Street

Nature's Corner 9082-51 Ave

Aquarium Illusions 16630 - 109 Avenue

Aquagiant 11709-170 St.

Aquagiant 12775 50 Street NW

You can substitute

3803 Calgary Trail NW, Unit 150 for Big Als

You can also skip Aquarium Illusions also. They do have freshwater but not a lot of it, their focus is more on saltwater.

I picked Aquarium Enthusiasts before Nature's corner due to the fact the the only way to leave Aquarium Enthusiasts is a right turn.

Switch Natures corner with Aquarium Enthusiasts Go north on Gretzky drive hit the 50st Aquagiant, and then west from there.

All the recommended LFS are good. Although it is a chain store, I would also suggest visiting the PJ's Pets on Calgary Trail. It is not far from Big Al's. There is also Family Pet Supercentre in Sherwood Park.

The Aquagiant West location should still be open this Saturday. When I was there a couple days ago, I could have sworn I heard them tell another customer that they would still be open for at least another two weeks.

I could be wrong though. You might want to call first.

Thanks for the tips. We started at Big Als and then hit AquaGiant 170 Street. It was still open and had the bulbs I wanted. Then a stop at Holes Greenhouse in ST. Albert which I had not seen before and as gardening is my other weakness it took all of our time before the family dinner. It was 430 by time we did that so that was our day. Next time we need to just do a fish day -except I doubt my wife will want to do it!

I guess she will have to stay home then :smokey: