hello from leduc AB

Baos

You guys are not easy to find. I've signed up to about 5 fish boards before finding the link to this one on fish-club.org. I bought some geophagus iporangensis at the auction a few months back and well, this board is the only one not over 2 years old still talking about them. Are they hard to come by? And you think they'd be worth more than 5 bux.

I keep a 90 gallon tank with

4 corydoras sterbai (had them breed once)

2 clown loaches(plan to add a few small ones)

6 geophagus iporangensis (currently pairing off)

5 blue rams (need a male)

3 siamese algae eaters

1 rainbow threadfin(will add more, they died off during a ph spike)

water ph 6.4

The water is mixed 6L tap water to 10L ro water.

temperature is 81 degrees

Edited by Baos

I'm not big on the fake background thing. I'd be interested in hearing about some alternatives

Welcome to the forum. Those Geophagus iporangensis really look nice when they are colored up. As for backgrounds a couple of options. You could paint the back a blue or black color. You could also check out Gills n Fins one of the forum sponsors. They have some really nice backgrounds that you can view at Nature's Corner.

Raymond

Where did you get the Geos from?

fish-club.org threw an auction about 4 months back. I grabed a bag of geophagus iporangensis for 21 dollars.

I think they originated from my trio. One of our members bought them from me a while back then decided to sell them off at the auction.

I'm not big on the fake background thing. I'd be interested in hearing about some alternatives

Me neither. I tried painting the background black, but that had some results that weren't optimal when it came time for some photography. Now I have copied Patrick's idea and am using fabric. It doesn't reflect any light- just looks like a natural background if you choose the right shade of brown or green (or blue). And then of course there are 3D backgrounds, but you'd have to drain your tank for a while to install one.

Good luck!

Taylor

Welcome to AA!! ^_^

picked up 2 bags of sil3 today 160lbs for $14 I think. It was exactly what I was looking for. I love the color. It's not that dusty either. I'll be trying to figure out the cloth background this weekend. I might also hit the river up for driftwood. know any good spots?

Edited by Baos