hello

H22_TURBO

hello. I have 3 tanks, 75,33 and a 20 gallon, all full of cichlids. The 75gal has 2 male & 6 female aulonocara lawandas(someone please correct me if i'm wrong on the name) and the 33gal has about 35ish of their babies. My 20 has some kind of African yellow chichlid.

here are the pics

72641ddd.jpg

ed8edde4.jpg

94c56f2f.jpg

ee018070.jpg

ff987efb.jpg

I do have a question, does anyone know why I have only one noticeable male in my baby tank of 35? the rest all look like females. :unsure:

If the babies are all peacocks, then chances are he's just the first one to develop and become dominant. Peacocks are notorious for taking a long time to fully colour up, and in a tank full of babies it's not unusual for them to colour up very slowly and only one at a time - try taking out the one that's coloured to see what happens with the others.

^^ Thank you, I will try that. I'm looking for a new tank for the babies, thinking about a 150 or so.If I put the baby male in my bigger tank I think my adult males will kill it. do you think he will be ok? he is only about 1.5 inches were as the adults are about 4.5 inches. I just don't want to see him be eaten lol.