Unidentified Fish

Lana Bollers

I have purchased a few fish last night. They were imported in and one of them was supposed to by a blue moorei, however that is not what came. This Fish is the oddest fish I have ever seen, it looks like a cross between a shark and a cat fish!

It is a pretty blue shade on the top half of his body and gray/white on the bottom half, he has skin not scales. Fins are shaped like a shark, his face is flat, he is extremely active and I was told that when the cichlids bug him he gives off an electric charge (shocks them) and then they leave him alone.

I have never seen anything like him before, he has the tiniest eyes you can barely see them. He seems to like to stay by the glass. He did not come up for food when the cichlids did, so I tried to give him some sinking food, not sure if he got it or the cichlids ate it before he had the chance.

He seems to prefer to stay near the sand.

I have a picture of him at home, but right now I am at work, so it doesn't help me much. If you have any idea's or can forward me to a site I would greatly appreciate it.

Lana

I think they might be the no-nose elephant nose, he is way more blue then what the one's shown are but he looks like them body wise.

Thank you for your help! :thumbs:

Lana

Rudy had it right, that is a Cetopsis coecutiens

Okay I didn't want to read that, how terrible...

I brought home a monster...

He is in with my darn cichlids... and I can not move him because my smaller tank has smaller fish...

So anyone want a cat fish?

Lana

Rudy had it right, that is a Cetopsis coecutiens

Okay I didn't want to read that, how terrible...

I brought home a monster...

He is in with my darn cichlids... and I can not move him because my smaller tank has smaller fish...

So anyone want a cat fish?

Lana

Cool fish. It's too bad your not closer to calgary or I would take it for sure.