feather rock too sharp?

ABwildrose

I wasn't sure where to put this question...but this section is as good as any :)

I went out and bought myself a bunch of feather rock so I can replace my stacked slate caves. I have a lot of nice caves and stuff with the slate and small rocks. The fish (mbuna) seem to like it and all have a spot, but it doesn't really look that good. I prefer the piled up boulder look.

Anyways, the feather rock is very sharp. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is this type of rock safe to use? I am worried the fish will rub on it and scrape themselves. Is this actually likely to happen or am I just worrying for nothing?

I don't want to risk injuring my fish just for aesthetics.

Might be a chance of getting an eye injury...I have had that in my tank just from limestone before....

Any chance of sanding it down???

OK...thanks for the replys. I think I will skip the feather rock for now. Some time, when I get more time I will try sanding it down and see how it is for sharpness. It is way too sharp the way it is now. Its a shame because I did make a really nice looking cave...but Oh well. For the time being, I will stick with what I have in there already...the fish like it and I fixed stuff up a bit so it doesn't look too bad.