Good school of fish?

firestorm

Hi guys, I have currently going a 40 gallon tall, planted tank. The plants are all just starting to really take off, and now I would like to get a school of about 12 tetras. Tanks mates as of now are one angel, a blue acara, kribensis, pictus, BGK, ghost shrimp, some otocinclus. I don't know though if I get some larger schooling fish the tank might get over stocked. I was leaning more towards medium sized tetras, that will not get themselves eaten. Any ideas anyone? I was also wanting to start out a new planted tank, and want to get a school of real rummy nose tetras, does anyone know where I can find those around here?

Yeah I know that, but he is not there yet and I am hoping to be getting him into a different tank before that happens. I decided I will be taking my blue acara out as well, so that leaves me with angels, pictus, oto's, kribensis, shrimp. I know angels will eat small tetras, so I do not want any small type ones. Congo tetras are a possibility, but I was hoping for something really colorful. I have already had things like bleeding hearts, black skirts, etc, but I would like something different than those.

Yea I had 5 originally, but then my tank recycled and I lost 3 of them, but now all is good and they are very healthy, I really like them and the black neons. I think they are my favorites of the tetras, Dwarf Guarmis are pretty kewl looking as well, though I dont have any of those.

I have the 7 tetras, 2 barbs, 9 platies and one baby platy in that tank

Dwarf rainbows will also be a good choice. Serae tetras are also nice. There are many barbs that'd work as well.

I have been looking at the rainbows actually. And the serpae tetras are really nice in a display tank at pisces. I am thinking of going with maybe dwarf rainbows, since the tank is not large enough for larger ones. Basically the tank right now has 3 angels, a BGK, a pictus, 2 pristilla tetras, 5 otos, and 2 ghost shrimp. BGK will find a new home eventually.

I am not sure, for some reason the rasboras don't really catch my eye as much as others I have seen. At pisces in their display tank by the front door, they have some gorgeous rainbows and emperor tetras. I want to see if I can find any of those guys for a half decent price around here. Thanks, I will check out pisces this weekend....are ya working this weekend?